Monday, October 26, 2020

For my Dear Joyce...

 

   



 
Today, October 26th, happens to be a  very special day for myself and my family. Twenty Eight years ago on this day, My wife, Gune(GOO-NAY) Joyce Kenyi, was born in an refuge camp in Uganda. Little did a South Sudanese girl or a young New Hampshire boy growing up in New England know, that they would one day find their spouse from half way across the world. 

Working in a clinic during our courtship

First Christmas together

    My first observations of Joyce were of her quietly serving and helping others as she cooked, cleaned, and treated others medically in South Sudan. My admiration for the quiet strength that God has given her has only grown. She is such a blessing to me and our children, diligently cleaning, cooking for us and loving us on a daily basis. I have seen how many are drawn to her humble and considerate character. Joyce is a woman of few words, but when she speaks people listen to her thoughtful perspective.  I have learned so much from her, including:







Working Together

`-How to hammer a nail into a cement wall.

-How to carve a hoe handle with a machete.

-How to carry things on my head.

- Taking care of patients at a clinic and not accidently killing them...

-Getting the rest I need..

-Selflessly loving others..

-Patiently waiting on the Lord...

-Having a sense of humor in the midst of challenges.


Adventures together!


Hiking with an excited Patience!

    God's Grace has been poured out on Joyce and she is the best wife and mother a man could ask for. I thank God for Joyce every day and she is tirelessly serving our family daily. The two beautiful children God has given us definitely have Mama to thank for their good looks. They got their hyperactive energy from me. As the Lord leads us into serving and hopefully living in Africa, I couldn't ask for a better friend and help mate. I consider being her husband the greatest job in the world and look forward to the lifetime of adventures God has in store for us. 


"We love Mama"


Joyce, you bless many and are dearly loved. Jesus loves you more than I ever could, so I am praying that He gives me more of His love for you. I fall so short, but desperately desire to love and serve you as Christ loved the church. (Ephesians 5:25) I also pray that you experience more of the Lord's love and grace this year than ever before. (2 Corinthians 13:14) Ma'le Nyi Ndo!

Happy Birthday!


Following God together around the next bend in His Trail.


Your Husband,

Jona


 

No comments:

Post a Comment