Friday, May 18, 2018

"A man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps."

Nyi parangara! (Good afternoon!)

    I hope everyone is doing well! I am very comforted by the fact that even when our "plan A" fails, God's Plan (Plan G) is always in place and nothing takes Him by surprise.

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Proverbs 19:21 

     Case in point: I thought for sure that I would be leaving on the 14th of May, 2018 to begin my Wilderness EMT classes promptly on the 15th. What I didn't count on was a very severe flu/cold that decided to do push ups on my lungs and a high fever with accompanying chills. With three days to go and last minute preparations still outstanding, it was very unlikely that I would fully recover in time. I didn't know what to do, so I prayed and contacted SOLO Schools with my quandary.

   They were very understanding and also honest about the rigors of the course. Their recommendation was that I should come for the Wilderness EMT on July 10th when I am fully recovered and had no problem in transferring my tuition for the future course.
     I thankful for the additional time to become more familiar with the course material and come to full physical recovery. This also will put my two courses (WEMT and Geo Medic) back to back with 6 days in between, keeping the information fresh as I transition into the 2nd course.



    My brother-in-law Lodu (A.K.A. Reggae) is still in critical condition and though a couple possibilities were considered to get him to higher level care, they all fell through. The case of Lodu  is not an isolated incident and the overtaxed, under equipped, understaffed health system of East Africa is groaning under the burden of patients, like Reggae, that they can't always deal with or help. The medical need in S. Sudan is great and we are praying for wisdom to reach out to those in need.
        At this point we are looking to the Grace and Mercy of God to intervene on Lodu's behalf and know he is in the Lord's hands. Our prayer is for more than just healing, as we desire that God is glorified and that Joyce's family would come to a full understanding of the grace and love that is found in KNOWING Jesus Christ! Thank you for your continued prayers for Lodu, Joyce, and the Kenyi family.


  

 Please also continue to pray for:

~Increased monthly support for the Lueken family's living expenses here in the USA.

~Jonathan's Wilderness EMT course (July 10th to Aug 2nd) from SOLO schools. The ability to glean all he can from this learning opportunity. God has provided so much and the only outstanding need for the course is a few remaining supplies/equipment and the weekly expenses I will occur for Laundry mat, meals on the weekend, etc. for four weeks.

~Provision and preparation for the next medical course, Geo Medic (Aug. 7th-17th, also @ SOLO schools), a 10 day intensive course in the medical skills needed for the third world and developing countries. ($2,300)

Recent Mobile Clinic in Opari, S. Sudan







~Re-equipping and outfitting the Nehemiah Field Clinic in S. Sudan with the needed diagnostic tools, medicines, staff, and supplies to serve the health needs of the community.







Many People waiting to be seen




















Rubanga kolu nyito (God be with you)!

~Jonathan and Joyce Lueken 
New Phone #: 774-203-8308

To Donate on the website scroll to the bottom - Choose option #2 
Then choose PayPal or Credit card 
Note: one time or recurring/monthly option.


PayPal onlighthouse@gmail.com  (we get 96.8% of your donation through PayPal)


 Mail checks to Operation Nehemiah   c/o  23 Tyringham Rd. Lee MA 01238

No comments:

Post a Comment