Friday, November 7, 2014

Heading Home to Africa!! A praise report and prayer needs.

Ingoni!(Hello)

   I am very excited to share with you a great blessing I received not too long ago. Some of you may have heard already if you have been on Facebook, but for the rest here it goes…
     
     Initially, I was quoted $650 for a one way ticket which is a good deal, but that deal fell through over the weekend. The travel agent called me on Tuesday to let me know the the one way ticket had gone up to $1100! This was a lot more than I usually pay. I was beginning to agonize over losing a good airfare, when the agent said she would look into the cost of a round trip ticket. To my surprise and great joy, it was the exact same price, $1100, for a round trip ticket! (my cheapest two way ticket to date had been $1250.)

    On Tuesday I was able to purchase my airfare for my 6 month trip to Africa! God is so good and I will be heading across the Atlantic December 8th! I am so excited to see my African family again and work alongside them. 




   My main tasks will be:

 ~Building the Beth Israel Farm house, enabling William Levi's family to have a permanent home in the farmland when they make their yearly trip in February. The building will be large enough to accommodate additional families who want to visit, as well as, storage for the equipment, and produce for our farming operations. Currently, there is no housing or storage on the farm which is 5 miles from the village.

~Working along side the people as they cultivate and farm during the rainy season beginning in late March.

~Continue to preach on the radio as often as I am available.

~Live with and do life with my adopted family and the people of Borongole, South Sudan.     

Newly-plowed Corn field,  May 2014 

August Harvest 2014


Prayer appreciated:

~ for arrangements for the upcoming trip and all that has to be done on the ground to be ready for our arrival.

~ for the provision of immunizations, additional food, medicines, & many other supplies needed for my trip.

 ~I (Jon) hope to get my South Sudanese permanent residency while over there and prayer for wisdom to navigate the red tape, bribes, and governmental corruption would be much much appreciated!

~ for the means to get thru cheaply all the material donations to the people of S. Sudan as we check into the airlines on Dec. 8th.

~ for increased monthly support, for me on the ground in Africa and my family here in the states. Thankful for $505 committed monthly support thus far for our family.

~ for the $4500 more needed for the medical clinic to be reopened & supplied.

~A computer & hard drive that can handle programs needed to keep track of donations and other necessary systems to help our Plainville office with paperwork, as right now we are doing everything by hand.

~ for peace in S. Sudan's civil conflict because the Prince of Peace has come to reign in people's hearts!!

Rubanga kola nito (God be with you)!
~Jonathan Lueken with Operation Nehemiah  774-254-4336

NEW Operation Nehemiah Missions website being updates www.operationsnehemiah.org

To Donate on the website scroll to the bottom - Choose option #2 
Then choose PayPal (we get 97%) or Credit card (we get 100%)
Note: one time or recurring/monthly option.
PayPal onlighthouse@gmail.com (we get 97%)
Mail checks to Operation Nehemiah PO Box 2401, Plainville, MA 02762 (we get 100%)

If you do not need a tax receipt:
PayPal plueken55@gmail.com (we get 100%)

Operation Nehemiah Missions - Headquarters: 
PO Box 563 Lanesborough, MA, 01267

413-770-4711

No comments:

Post a Comment